14 March 2012
- Chartered accountancy:t. Chartered Accountancy is a dynamic, challenging and rewarding profession. They are the ones responsible for handling accounts and finance related matters, deal with money management, prepare, analyse and audit accounts along with providing financial advice. He also serves as a management and corporate caretaker. A chartered accountant aids or helps companies and individuals in tax planning and compliance. These professionals have to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, capital structure and planning, organisational development, conducting and preparing feasibility study and project reports, mobilizing financial resources, installing internal accounting and budgetary controls, to give suggestions on joint ventures, foreign collaborations, amalgamation, merger, diversification, product pricing, BPO, restructuring etc. Chartered Accountancy is a rewarding profession where one can practice his/her own or can do jobs in various public and private sector companies and the scope for this lucrative career is bright in an economically developing nation like us.
A Candidate who has passed the 10th examination conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India (or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto) can register for the Common (CPT) of the CA programme. But they can write the examination only after passing the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or waiting for the 10+2 exam results.
Commerce graduates with 50% marks, non-commerce graduates with subjects other than Mathematics with an aggregate of 55% marks and non-commerce graduates with Maths with an aggregate of 60% marks are exempted from the Common Proficiency Test (CPT) and are permitted to register for Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC).
Candidates who have passed the Final Examination conducted by the Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India (ICWAI) or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) can register for Professional Competency Course.
After passing Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC), the candidates can register as Articled clerks for practical training and for admission to the Final course of the . Every graduate above 18 years of age is eligible to register as an articled clerk/ Audit Clerks for Chartered Accountancy.
Computer Training Programme is compulsory for the candidates who wish to register themselves as auditor clerk. They should under go 100 hours training in Information Technology along with IPCC.
- ØSkills required in this field: candidates going for this career option should have the following attributes in them.
- Should have a good and pleasing personality
- Should have practical approach to problems
- Should have a very analytical mind
- Should be dedicated and hardworking
- Should have sound knowledge in use of computer.
- ØInstitutes offering CA course: These are some of the top institutes in india which the aspiring students should opt.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Bhawan (http://www.icai.org/)
- Northern Institute of Management and Technology (http://nimtonline.com/index.html)
- National Institute of Business Studies(http://www.nibsedu.net/)
- Kaizen School of Business Management(http://www.ksbm.org.in/)
- Indian School of Business Management & Administration(http://www.isbm.org.in/index.html#enquiry)
- Indian Management Academy, Bhubaneswar
- Centre For Entrepreneurship Development (http://www.ced-gujarat.org/)
- Nandha Arts & Science College(http://www.nandhaarts.org/)
- xaviers institute of business management studies(http://www.xibms.com/)
- Indian Management Academy, Ahmedabad (http://www.imaonline.in/)
- ØJob opportunities after CA: The growing importance of trade and industry along with the rapid growth of capital and money markets in an economically developing nation like india, has increased the importance of Chartered Accountants greatly. Moreover all the companies registered under the Companies Act, are required to get their accounts audited only by practicing . A qualified Chartered Accountant has the option of joining the Government Service, Public Sector undertakings or taking up a lucrative assignment in the private sector. The duty of
- ØSuccess mantra: To become a successful CA the main thing you must have within you is patience and hard working ability. After clearing CA examination your career will blossom with a handsome salary and with a lot of opportunities available for you. So work hard to reach to this level of success.