13 August 2012
It is said that the students of today are the future of the nation. So, it is usually advised and followed by the government to look after the education of the present for a better future. Although the central government is soing it’s bit to ensure that facilitation of education for all sections is provided properly. There are still areas in which it gives a miss, maybe due to unavailability of funds or not being able to reach the people in time. In such cases various state governments step in for its people. One such scheme by Andhra Pradesh Government is the scholarship being offered to those from minority communities pursuing higher education after their matriculation.
What is this scholarship
The Andhra Pradesh Government offers post matriculation scholarships to students belonging to minority communities in order to enable them to pursue higher education. This scholarship is aimed at empowering those from minority communities in order that they are equally competent in the world having acquired a good higher education. The government offers this scholarships to its citizen from Muslim, Buddhist or Sikh, Parsis who hail from economically weak background so that they can pursue higher education without facing any hindrance in the economic matters.
Who is eligible
- Applicant should be a citizen of Andhra Pradesh
- Applicant should belong to economically backward family
- Applicant should be a member of Muslim, Buddhist, Sikhs or Parsi community regarded as minority community.
- Applicant should have completed his or her matriculation from a recognized school and must have enrolled as a regular student in a school or college for higher education
- As scholarship is provided for graduation also, those applying for a graduation level scholarship must have successfully completed their intermediate in a first attempt
- The annual income of the applicant’s parents should not exceed Rs. 1 Lakh per annum
- Applicant should maintain a 75% attendance in the course or college
The scholarship amount is paid on a yearly basis. However some of the fixed amounts are as follows:-
- Hosteller studying post matriculation courses are entitled to a reimbursement of the tuition fees charged by their institution for up to Rs 500 per annum or actual (whichever being less)
- For students’ whose distance between residence and institution is over 5 K.M.s , they are provided with Rs.250 per month
- Those living in hostels of the schools and colleges are provided with a monthly amount of Rs. 400
How to apply
Applications are usually invited by means of publication in the leading newspapers. However application forms can also be downloaded from the website or requested from the principal or head of the institution. Completed application forms alongwith the required documents need to be submitted to the Executive Director or DMWO of the concerned district. Usually the last dates are set as September 30 of the year in which you are applying.
Where to apply
Executive Director/District Minority Welfare Officer, Andhra Pradesh State Minorities
Finance Corporation (APSMFC), 5th Floor, Haj House, Nampally,
Hyderabad – 500001 (Andhra Pradesh).
Tel.: 040-2324 4500
Fax: 040-232 44368