24 June 2012
Education system in India has witnessed major changes in the recent years. All this has been with the implementation of Right to Education and a number of related schemes such as Sarva Shikha Abhiyan and Schools for all etc. It can now be said that due to the above schemes and many more, India has been making major advances towards its dream of becoming a Knowledge Super Power, more now than ever before. So, in the age where it has become absolute necessary to produce the best quality of students, it is seen that rewarding the best ensures that the benchmarks keep increasing. One among such measures is the Vidya Shree Award Scholarship for 10th standard students.
What is this scholarship
The Amul Vidya Shree Award Scholarship for 10th standard students is an initiative by the Indian company Amul with a view to encourage meritorious students. Under this scheme, the students who have secured the highest aggregate marks in school. The students from all the national recognized boards are eligible to apply through their school principals or directly after the publication of results. The award scholarship will only be provided to the topper in the board exams from a school. One award per school is sanctioned for the student who will secure the highest aggregate marks in the board examination in the school.
Who is eligible
- Applicants must be citizen of India
- Applicant must have passed Class X board examination in the year in which they are applying
- Applicant must have appeared for the board examination under a national or state recognized board irrespective of the medium
- Applicant must have scored the highest aggregate marks in the school
- Applicants must provide a proof from the Principal of the School stating that the applicant has scored the highest aggregate marks in the board examination in the school
The selected students will receive an award scholarship which will consist of the following items-
- i)A memento citing the award for Amul Vidya Shree with the name of the student and School
- ii)Citation from Amul
- iii)A gift hamper of books on a variety of topics
- iv)A cash award of Rs. 1000
How to apply
Application forms can be downloaded from the website or obtained from an exclusive store of Amul. The application has to be either made by the Principal of the School or by the student bearing a proof signed by the Principal stating that the information furnished is best to his/her knowledge and true. The Application Form along with an attested copy of the students mark-sheet and passport size photograph is to be sent with a covering letter on the schools letter-head. The covering letter must also contain a brief write-up of the school. Application for the Award will also be available in the Times of India.
When to apply
The last date for applying for the award scholarship is usually set as 30th September so as to accommodate students from all boards.
Where to apply
Amul Scholarship Official Website : http://www.amul.com/m/amul-vidya-shree-award-std-10
Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation,
PO Box 10,
Amul Dairy Road,
Anand 388 001,
Phone no : (+91) (2692) 258506, 258507, 258508, 258509
Fax no : (+91) (2692) 240208, 240185